Different exercises all boast various different health benefits, but running remains one of the most effective ways of enhancing your health and fitness. With the new year looming in, why not consider running to achieve fitness goals?
Running is one of the most popular ways to stay fit, but with so many different exercise that you can take part of, you may be wondering “Why should I run?“.
Here at Altered Images in Bromsgrove, our gym offers a wide range of activities and exercises that can help you get fit. Our gym facilities enable runners to be able to train for their own personal goals – whilst benefiting from the on-going professional support from our highly experienced fitness instructors.
So, why should I run?
Running offers a wide scope of physical and mental benefits including:
- Helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life
- Tones the buttocks and thighs quicker than almost any other exercise
- Feel-good endorphins are released which help counter stress, make you happier and improve your mood
- Helps you sleep better
- Helps keep your bodily functions regular!
- Helps improve immune cells to fight infection
- Can improve your mental alertness
- Can boost your sex life!
- Gives you more energy
- Gives you great fitness and endurance
- Burns lots of calories
- It’s inexpensive
- Speeds up the metabolism
- There are lots of choices – different distances from short sprints to marathons and different training techniques from multi terrain, interval training, multi-speed training, endurance runs, hill efforts to name a few.
Health and fitness advice in Bromsgrove
If you’ve got questions like “why should I run?” that need answering, speak to one of our health and fitness experts today. Head to our website for more information about our gym facilities, or call 01527 874395 to speak to a member of our helpful and friendly team. At Altered Images Gym in Bromsgrove, we are proud to go the extra mile to help you reach your fitness goals.
If you enjoyed reading this article you may also like to read our previous post on What wine can I drink?