Running is one of the best ways to keep fit, and here at Altered Images Gym in Bromsgrove, we love to support our gym-goers and runners in reaching new goals and achievements. As a leading gym in Bromsgrove, we’re proud to have a wide range of classes and programmes that can be enjoyed by everyone – and we welcome people of all ages, abilities, and experiences.
10 top tips for running
It’s important to remember that almost anyone and everyone can start running. However, by getting advice and support from our fitness trainers in Bromsgrove, you can ensure running becomes a healthy and consistent part of your lifestyle.
1. Selecting the right trainers doesn’t need to cost a fortune but it is a good idea to go and have your gait read. This will determine what running style you have and therefore which trainers are best to avoid injury.
2. If you’re a beginner, the best way to start is to walk first before gradually building up to a run.
3. In order to see an improvement in fitness, you should try to commit to a run three times a week.
4. Always aim for endurance over speed – faster running puts a greater demand on the body.
5. Run with someone else or in a group; you’ll make friends and the time flies by when you run with others – you’re also more likely to stick at it! Joining a gym and running with fellow gym-goers is a great way to stay motivated and committed to reaching new goals and fitness levels.
6. Vary your distances and inclines to keep it interesting.
7. Music is a great motivator – so an iPod and earphones are definitely worth having.
8. Reward yourself when you reach certain targets as an incentive.
9. Have a focus or motivation, such as entering a race whether it’s 5k or a marathon. You’d be surprised at what you can achieve when you put your mind to it – not to mention a great collection of medals!
10. Be sure to warm up properly and stretch out at the end.
Fitness trainers in Bromsgrove
If you are looking to make running a serious part of your lifestyle, why not take advantage of our highly experienced Bromsgrove fitness trainers? Our personal trainers will conduct a full assessment in order to determine the best ways to increase your fitness levels and improve your running. You’ll undergo some simple health checks before we take note of your goals and challenges. Once we’ve got a good idea of what you are looking to achieve, we’ll design a bespoke fitness programme just for you. Our 5 Steps to Fitness Programme is perfect for those who are either re-joining or just starting the gym and would like professional support to guide them through their fitness journey.
Contact us today
If you would like to find out more about our fitness trainers in Bromsgrove, head to our website today. Alternatively, call 01527 874395 to speak to a member of our team.
If you have enjoyed reading this article you may also like to read our previous post on Aquafit classes.
All our packages include...
Book a Class or Course or Court
will my membership cost?
Find a membership option that meets your needs, suits your pocket and your life style.Tell me how much?