Anyone and everyone can start running, all you need is something comfortable to run in and a pair of trainers with cushioning!
- Selecting the right trainers doesn’t need to cost a fortune but it is a good idea to go and have your gait read; this will determine what running style you have and therefore which trainers are best for you to avoid injury.
- The best way to start is to walk first and gradually build up to a run/walk.
- Try and commit to three times a week to see an improvement in fitness.
- Always go for endurance over speed as faster running puts a greater demand on the body.
- Run with someone else or in a group; you’ll make friends and the time flies by when you run with others – you’re also more likely to stick at it!!
- Vary your routes to keep it interesting.
- Music is a great motivator so an ipod and earphones are definitely worth having.
- Reward yourself when you reach certain targets as an incentive.
- Have a focus or motivation, such as entering a race whether it’s 5k or a marathon. You’d be surprised at what you can achieve when you put your mind to it – not to mention a great collection of medals!
- Be sure to warm up properly and stretch out at the end.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Keep checking for more running tips to maintain your enthusiasm and interest!
If you enjoyed reading this article you may also like to read our previous post on Exercising in Water.
All our packages include...
will my membership cost?
Find a membership option that meets your needs, suits your pocket and your life style.Tell me how much?